I wanted to share with you some of my tips and secrets to writing good high quality content, it is not an art, it is a skill that you need to master and work through daily.
I am lucky as it is my day job to write interesting and compelling articles, but if you are new to blogging, content or article writing it can be a little daunting as to where to start. It is important to remember that writing quality content takes dedicated effort.
Here are my top five tips to being successful:
- Research – Always be on the hunt for ideas and information, as ideas pop into your head write them down or save an audio file of your thoughts so that when you get back to your desk to get writing you can clearly remember what you were thinking of at the time. Choose your research source carefully, when looking for referencing material and accurate information. THINK: Is your source reputable, a respected resource will give your article more weight than several unknown resources.
- Use your voice – Don’t try to be someone else, let your personality shine through, after all you are unique, creating your own style of writing will ensure that your work stands out from the crowd.
- Organise Your Information – Create an outline of how you want the article and the information you are trying to get across flows, so that it is easy to read and understand. Planning your content and what you are trying to achieve is extremely important, what is your reason for creating the content, if you can’t think of a good reason then park it and come back to it later.
- Think of a quality title – Your title is just, if not more important than the content of your article or blog, as it is the first thing your readers will see. If you cannot connect with them straight away, then you content will remain unread.
According to Copyblogger 80% of people will read your headlines, but only 20% of those people will read the rest of your content!
Examples of titles that perform well:
- Top Ten Lists
- How To
- Secrets of
- Edit – You would never submit the first draft of a dissertation or coursework, so why would you do the same with an article or blog. Proof read and edit in several rounds of review to make sure your content is written well.
Writing interesting and persuasive content isn’t easy, but by following the steps above you will make your life easier. It is important to remember that you can’t be everything to everyone, so make sure you know who you are and what you want to do.
Keep your message clear and concise so that it is easy for your readers to understand.
Author: Cerri Killworth, Fingertips Typing Services