We speak, on average between 150 to 170 words per minute! And if my maths is correct that is 10,000 words per hour that is a whole lot of words!
We also speak 4 times faster than we type, and 7 times faster than we write, making a transcriptionists job a challenging one. Our professional transcriptionists can type between 80 to 100 words per minute (wpm). So a 1-hour recorded interview takes around 4 to 6 hours to fully transcribe.
Here is our view on why Transcription services are essential for todays’ business.
- Drive SEO and Website traffic – Audio and video content, once transcribed, can help improve your website traffic
- Increase your audience reach – Recordings of corporate videos or meetings can be easily published once transcribed and distributed to your customers, your industry peers and media
- Making it user friendly for those hard of hearing – Captioning film or video content will ensure you do not exclude people who are hard of hearing, or where English is not their first language
- Create more content – Repurposing old online video and audio content as downloadable PDFs or e-books will provide extra content for your website and boost website strategy
- Alternative to note taking – Transcription services are a great alternative to taking notes throughout a discussion
- Capture everything – This is one of the biggest benefits of transcription, literally nothing is missed out. Every sentence, word, mumble or cough is recorded. The transcriber will ensure that everything is entirely accurate.
Transcription is a great tool for any business, it allows you to focus on your core business and reaching your goals and objectives instead of doing everything by yourself.