Many businesses are adopting transcription to streamline administrative tasks, freeing up valuable time to focus on business goals and projects.
Here are our top three ways transcription can be beneficial and save time and money:
- Record ideas and project goals – All successful projects start with a great idea, and a set of tasks that need to be completed. With the help of transcription you can record the ideas, discussions and tasks highlighted without the need for someone to write or minute the meeting. It also ensures that nothing is missed, which inevitably happens when jotting it down in a note pad.
- Record meetings and interviews – These are an essential part of business life, but anyone who has taken minutes a meeting will know that it is a tedious task. By recording the meetings or interviews you will ensure that everything is captured and that what was discussed flows naturally. It also ensures that all participants in the meeting are focused solely on what is being discussed rather than worrying about taking notes, making them more productive.
- Capture your events and conferences – Networking events and conferences play an important part in business growth. These types of events allow you and your customers (exiting and prospect) to get to know each other better. But what about those customers that were unable to make it, or were not invited, because you didn’t know they existed? If you record and then transcribe the content of your event into text and publish it online, they you are likely to engage with a wider audience and open your business to even more opportunities.
Fingertips typing offers an audio transcription service, for more information on our services and how we can help free up your businesses time and make it more productive then contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Cerri Killworth, Fingertips Typing Services
A New Year’s resolution is a tradition, a bit of an institution. The beginning of every new year marks a fresh start, in both your personal and professional life. However, according to a study by the University of Bristol, 88% of people who set New Year’s resolutions fail. S
So why is do we find it so hard to achieve our goals and stick to, making ourselves better people.
Put simply, we are often unrealistic with our goals, we make them too hard for us to achieve and therefore we give up.
We have put together a list on how to make your resolutions realistic and stick to them.
- Make a master plan – Instead of just selecting one or two resolutions make up a list of what you want to accomplish in 2017 and plan how you can achieve these. After all you wouldn’t start a business without a business plan and actions that you need to take along the way to get to your goal.
- Think, are the goals achievable? – There is no point writing down a goal if there is no feasible chance that you can achieve it. It is pointless and will make you disheartened. Start small and build up. Remember SMART Goals – (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results, Timely) I am sure that you use these types of goals in your work life, the same can be applied to your personal life as well, setting mini-goals along the way will break down your bigger ones making you feel less overwhelmed.
- Use Technology – Why not use an app to record and measure your goals, but remember to use them. If one of your goals is to lose weight and get fit, you may download an app to log your calories and activity, but that is just one part of it, you need to get up off the sofa and go for a run or that gym class, the app alone isn’t going to make you thin!
- The Power of the positive ‘NO’ – You do not always need to say yes to everything, one of the most common things people fear is saying no, but in order to be our most productive from time to time we must say no giving you time to focus on existing commitments. For example; outsource or delegate any work that prevents you from achieving your goals or distracts you from your core area of work.
If you follow these simple rules and ensure that your resolutions are SMART and not vague then you are less like to break them.
It is also important to remember not to over commit yourself so make sure that your resolutions and manageable and fit in with your lifestyle.
 Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year’s_resolution