Many businesses are adopting transcription to streamline administrative tasks, freeing up valuable time to focus on business goals and projects.
Here are our top three ways transcription can be beneficial and save time and money:
- Record ideas and project goals – All successful projects start with a great idea, and a set of tasks that need to be completed. With the help of transcription you can record the ideas, discussions and tasks highlighted without the need for someone to write or minute the meeting. It also ensures that nothing is missed, which inevitably happens when jotting it down in a note pad.
- Record meetings and interviews – These are an essential part of business life, but anyone who has taken minutes a meeting will know that it is a tedious task. By recording the meetings or interviews you will ensure that everything is captured and that what was discussed flows naturally. It also ensures that all participants in the meeting are focused solely on what is being discussed rather than worrying about taking notes, making them more productive.
- Capture your events and conferences – Networking events and conferences play an important part in business growth. These types of events allow you and your customers (exiting and prospect) to get to know each other better. But what about those customers that were unable to make it, or were not invited, because you didn’t know they existed? If you record and then transcribe the content of your event into text and publish it online, they you are likely to engage with a wider audience and open your business to even more opportunities.
Fingertips typing offers an audio transcription service, for more information on our services and how we can help free up your businesses time and make it more productive then contact us: email@example.com
Author: Cerri Killworth, Fingertips Typing Services
I wanted to share with you some of my tips and secrets to writing good high quality content, it is not an art, it is a skill that you need to master and work through daily.
I am lucky as it is my day job to write interesting and compelling articles, but if you are new to blogging, content or article writing it can be a little daunting as to where to start. It is important to remember that writing quality content takes dedicated effort.
Here are my top five tips to being successful:
- Research – Always be on the hunt for ideas and information, as ideas pop into your head write them down or save an audio file of your thoughts so that when you get back to your desk to get writing you can clearly remember what you were thinking of at the time. Choose your research source carefully, when looking for referencing material and accurate information. THINK: Is your source reputable, a respected resource will give your article more weight than several unknown resources.
- Use your voice – Don’t try to be someone else, let your personality shine through, after all you are unique, creating your own style of writing will ensure that your work stands out from the crowd.
- Organise Your Information – Create an outline of how you want the article and the information you are trying to get across flows, so that it is easy to read and understand. Planning your content and what you are trying to achieve is extremely important, what is your reason for creating the content, if you can’t think of a good reason then park it and come back to it later.
- Think of a quality title – Your title is just, if not more important than the content of your article or blog, as it is the first thing your readers will see. If you cannot connect with them straight away, then you content will remain unread.
According to Copyblogger 80% of people will read your headlines, but only 20% of those people will read the rest of your content!
Examples of titles that perform well:
- Top Ten Lists
- How To
- Secrets of
- Edit – You would never submit the first draft of a dissertation or coursework, so why would you do the same with an article or blog. Proof read and edit in several rounds of review to make sure your content is written well.
Writing interesting and persuasive content isn’t easy, but by following the steps above you will make your life easier. It is important to remember that you can’t be everything to everyone, so make sure you know who you are and what you want to do.
Keep your message clear and concise so that it is easy for your readers to understand.
Author: Cerri Killworth, Fingertips Typing Services
 Source: http://www.copyblogger.com/magnetic-headlines/
A New Year’s resolution is a tradition, a bit of an institution. The beginning of every new year marks a fresh start, in both your personal and professional life. However, according to a study by the University of Bristol, 88% of people who set New Year’s resolutions fail. S
So why is do we find it so hard to achieve our goals and stick to, making ourselves better people.
Put simply, we are often unrealistic with our goals, we make them too hard for us to achieve and therefore we give up.
We have put together a list on how to make your resolutions realistic and stick to them.
- Make a master plan – Instead of just selecting one or two resolutions make up a list of what you want to accomplish in 2017 and plan how you can achieve these. After all you wouldn’t start a business without a business plan and actions that you need to take along the way to get to your goal.
- Think, are the goals achievable? – There is no point writing down a goal if there is no feasible chance that you can achieve it. It is pointless and will make you disheartened. Start small and build up. Remember SMART Goals – (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results, Timely) I am sure that you use these types of goals in your work life, the same can be applied to your personal life as well, setting mini-goals along the way will break down your bigger ones making you feel less overwhelmed.
- Use Technology – Why not use an app to record and measure your goals, but remember to use them. If one of your goals is to lose weight and get fit, you may download an app to log your calories and activity, but that is just one part of it, you need to get up off the sofa and go for a run or that gym class, the app alone isn’t going to make you thin!
- The Power of the positive ‘NO’ – You do not always need to say yes to everything, one of the most common things people fear is saying no, but in order to be our most productive from time to time we must say no giving you time to focus on existing commitments. For example; outsource or delegate any work that prevents you from achieving your goals or distracts you from your core area of work.
If you follow these simple rules and ensure that your resolutions are SMART and not vague then you are less like to break them.
It is also important to remember not to over commit yourself so make sure that your resolutions and manageable and fit in with your lifestyle.
 Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year’s_resolution